DINNER - MEETINGS
DISCUSSIONS & MENUS


The first dinner meeting of the club was held at the Waldorf Hotel London in April 1947. Two months 
later a dinner meeting in the form of a special luncheon was given in honour of Willis H Carrier.
Thirteen members attended this luncheon at the Hungaria Restaurant, Regent Street, London
on 12th June 1947. The toast was Willis Carrier who was made an Honorary Member of The Rumford Club.





The signatures on the menu are,  B C Oldham Chair 1947;  O Stott Chair 1948,  R R Poole;  J F L Grocott Chair 1950
G E Clifford Chair 1959; A C Vivian;  C Hall Chair 1953;  A E Merrin Chair 1958;  G L Aspell;  R E W Butt 
W J Harding Chair 1956;  E C Couzens;  W H Carrier;  F L Cooper




  DINNER MEETING VENUES IN THE 20TH CENTURY

The Club has met at many different venues since its inception in 1947. The Waldorf Hotel became a favourite
and was used until 1956 when it moved to the Criterion Restaurant for 4 years. The RNVR club became
its next venue for a short duration when it moved on to St Ermin's Hotel until 1969. Late 1969 saw another
change of venue to the Carlton Club which proved to be a favourite with Members until late 1977 when
the final move in the 20th century was to St Stephens Club, Queen Anne Street.
 

 
SELECTION OF MENUS

 















































SEPTEMBER  2017