St Andrew's Church was designed and built in 1874 by Architect J Gillmore. It is located on the A4110 in north Herefordshire. In keeping with several churches in Herefordshire it has a ventilation system which introduces fresh air into the Church the purpose of which most likely is to reduce or prevent condensation occuring on inside wall surfaces.
Circular 'hit & miss' registers have been fitted in seven window cill reveals, each with earthenware pipe that have been fitted in the wall and connected to the register.
These pipes open into the floor void where the fresh air circulates. The effectiveness of the ventilation system depends upon the wind direction and strength and its effect against the external walls of the Church.